University of Calgary Scholarships in Medicine Canada, 2019
University of Calgary Scholarships in Medicine Canada, 2019;The University of Calgary is putting forth Pathways to Medicine Scholarship Program for the academic year 2018-2019.
University of Calgary Scholarships Provider: The Cumming School of Medicine has outlined the new Pathways to Medicine Scholarship program to help the enlistment and accomplishment of future MD students from customarily under-spoke to bunches all through Alberta.
A gathering of devoted general experts convey claim to fame preparing in family drug to Calgary. A three-year residency for affirmation in General Practice is guided at the Calgary General Hospital.
Degree Level for University of Calgary Scholarships : Scholarships are accessible to study an undergraduate degree program.
Accessible Subject: Scholarship is granted to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Educational cost and charges: $5,000/year (for four years)
- Movement stipend: up to $1,000
- Summer temporary position: $6,000 (in the third year)
Qualified Nationalities: Scholarship is accessible for household students.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must apply to their undergraduate degree program of decision at the University of Calgary autonomously.
- The scholarship applies just to learns at the University of Calgary.
- Candidates must be inhabitants of Alberta as characterized by the Cumming School of Medicine (CSM) Admission Policy. See MD Program Applicant Manual
- Just students from a low financial status foundation are qualified for this scholarship. Thought will be given to candidates who are of Indigenous heritage and additionally from a rustic network.
- Note: Low financial status is characterized as having a normal gross family salary (as wrote about line 260 of parental and individual assessment forms) that is 1.5 times or not as much as the Statistics Canada before impose “low-wage shorts” (LICO) for as far back as a few years. More information can be found in the Pathways to Medicine Scholarship Applicant Manual.
- Note: Applicants whose guardians hold graduate or expert degrees (e.g. MBA, PhD, MD, LLB, and so forth.) will be considered on a case by case premise, yet are probably not going to be granted a scholarship. The scholarship is planned to principally bolster people who originate from socially distraught foundations notwithstanding money related burdens.
- Note: Rural is characterized as having graduated secondary school in a network of less than 15,000 tenants.
- Note: Indigenous candidates must give a status card/testament of Indian Status or offer other documentation of indigenous family. Metis candidates must give a
- Metis participation card issued by a perceived common Metis association related with the Metis National Council.
- All candidates must give a letter of designation from your secondary school important or a delegate from a perceived network association, Indigenous gathering or country network.
- Note: Community association is characterized as a non-benefit or geographic element that serves or speaks to the objective populaces (country, indigenous, or under-served urban). Associations may name a greatest of two candidates for every application year.
More Scholarships in Canada
Application Procedure for University of Calgary Scholarships : The due date to apply to the University of Calgary is March 1, 2019, it would be ideal if you see application for admission to the University of Calgary.
- All candidates who express an enthusiasm for the scholarship program will be requested to complete a primer Pathways to Medicine Scholarship application by March 1, 2019.
- The Pathways to Medicine Committee will audit the fundamental applications and wait list in light of two criteria: that the candidate fits with the vision of the pathways program and that the candidate exhibits a solid academic capacity. Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a full auxiliary application and partake in a meeting procedure with the board of trustees.
Candidates will be informed of honor choices before the finish of June 2019.