Muriel Smith Scholarship | University of Edinburgh for International Students in UK
Muriel Smith Scholarship | University of Edinburgh for International Students in UK;The School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures at the University of Edinburgh is happy to announce Muriel Smith Scholarship to pursue postgraduate programme. Home/EU and overseas students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The University of Edinburgh is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The university is deeply embedded in the fabric of the city of Edinburgh, with many of the buildings in the historic Old Town belonging to the university.
- Applications Deadline: May 2, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures.
- Scholarship Award: The award will cover:
Tuition fees for a maximum of one year at the Home/EU rate for the chosen Masters programme of study (up to a maximum of £10,100). Successful Overseas applicants will be liable for the difference between the Home/EU and Overseas fees rates.
- Nationality: Home/EU and Overseas students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Home/EU and Overseas students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must have applied for a Masters programme of study within the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures before 11th April 2019. Their references must have been submitted by 25th April 2019.
The award will support one female postgraduate master’s student who has been domiciled in Scotland for a minimum of 4 years prior to the commencement of the MSc programme.
Applicants to the following degree programmes are eligible:
- Masters by Research (MScR) French Studies or Hispanic (Peninsular Spanish) Studies
- MSc Translation Studies, specialising in French or Spanish
PhD students are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
The scholarship is to be awarded in one year of study only, part-time students will have the Home/EU tuition fees paid in each of the two years of study.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply: Applications for the MSc can be made via the online postgraduate prospectus link given below.